|We are ‘Evangelical’ Christians (the word
‘Evangelical’ refers to people who are ‘Bible-centred’) and, therefore,
our beliefs are formed and shaped by what the Bible teaches.
We believe that:
- The Bible is God’s Word. What the
Bible says, God says.
- There is only one God and he is in charge of his world. He
exists in 3 persons: God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
- We have all rejected God’s rule by doing things our own
way. We all rebel against him in lots of different ways. This attitude
is what the Bible calls ‘sin’.
- God will not let our rebellion carry on forever. His
punishment is death and judgement.
- Because of his great love, God sent his Son into the world:
the man Jesus Christ.
- Jesus always lived under God’s rule.
- By dying in our place on the Cross, he took our punishment
and brought forgiveness.
- God raised Jesus to life again as the ruler of the world.
- One day Jesus will return to judge the world and call each
one of us to account.
- Our sins can be forgiven through Jesus’ death and we can
make a fresh start with God.
- In this new life, God himself comes to live within us by
- If we reject God as our ruler and try to run life our way,
we will face the terrible prospect of an eternity of separation from
him. This is what the Bible calls ‘hell’.
- If we submit to Jesus as our ruler, and trust in his death
and resurrection, we are forgiven by God and given eternal life. This
life begins now and continues in the new creation.